Institution, Industry or Private Practice
Mar. 13, 2018
Aug. 13, 2018
Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences
The Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences at the Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine announces a search to fill a full-time tenure track faculty position in Anesthesia at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. The successful candidate will share service, teaching and emergency responsibilities with three other faculty anesthesiologists and two anesthesia residents. Research responsibilities will vary based on the interest and qualification of the candidate and may include independent, collaborative or translational research. Occasional travel may be required and a conviction check is required.
• Primary job responsibility will be to direct the clinical anesthesia service, participate in didactic instruction in anesthesiology and related disciplines, supervise students in anesthesia and surgery labs, provide clinical instruction of professional students in the Veterinary Teaching Hospital and provide anesthesia training of interns, residents and graduate students from various disciplines.
• The anesthesiology service has a residency training/graduate degree program and this position would share responsibilities associated with resident training.
• Service responsibilities will include anesthesia on both small and large animals, consultations in the Veterinary Teaching Hospital, participation in continuing education programs of the College and participation in faculty governance activities.
• Service responsibilities will also include participation in emergency services. This responsibility will be shared with the anesthesiology resident and three faculty anesthesiologists.
• The successful candidate must be committed to excellent patient management, client service and clinical teaching.
• The successful candidate will also be expected to participate in general anesthesia service activities such as meetings, resident seminars, journal club and rounds.
• Research responsibilities will vary based on the interest and qualification of the candidate and will include primary, collaborative or translational research to meet expectations of 30% allocation. The successful candidate will be encouraged to work with ongoing research programs and contribute to the scholarly achievements of the department.
• Require the DVM or equivalent degree. Employer will accept degree that is equivalent to DVM or foreign equivalent of DVM. Completion of an American College of Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia (ACVAA) or European College of Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia (ECVAA) approved residency program. Diplomate status in the American or European College of Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia is preferred. However, candidates eligible to sit for the certifying examination of the ACVAA will be considered.
Rank and Salary:
• Rank and salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
• Blacksburg, Virginia http://www.maps.vt.edu/
• Virginia Tech http://www.vt.edu/
• VA-MD College of Veterinary Medicine http://www.vetmed.vt.edu/
• Review of applications will begin April 6, 2018 and will continue until a successful candidate is identified.
Where & How to Apply
Instructions: Application: • Interested candidates should apply on-line at http://listings.jobs.vt.edu/postings/84829 • If you experience difficulties applying on-line, please contact Angela Duncan at 540/231-7288.